The Royal University of Bhutan will be carrying out admissions to the Colleges of the University online as in the past. Admission to each of the programmes will be based on merit ranking as per the ability rating as detailed in the admission criteria. The online application for both Government Scholarship as well as Self Financed students will open from 20 February 2020 and will close on 11 March 2020 at midnight. To apply online, please visit RUB website (http://www.rub.edu.bt). Students can apply from any place where there is internet facility.
Tuition fees and accommodation for Self Financed Students:
- The tuition fee is 69,710 per year for Arts and Humanities programmes and Nu.86,360 per year for Science and Engineering programmes.
- The tuition fee which is exclusive of stipend will increase at the rate of 2% per year.
- Tuition fee is payable at the time of registration in the beginning of each semester at the rate of 34,855 for Arts and Humanities programmes and Nu.43,180 for Science and Engineering programmes.
- The accommodation in the college hostels and mess facilities, if available, will be provided. However, students will be required to pay Nu. 350/- per month for Samtse College of Education and Paro College of Education as rent while the rest of the Colleges will charge Nu. 250 per month.
Students availing mess facility will also be required to pay the charges for the mess as determined by the mess policy of each of the colleges. For other details, please visit the respective college website.
All eligible students seeking admission will have to produce the following documents:
- Citizenship Identity Card/ Valid documents from the competent authority
- Class 10 Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Class 12 Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate