iGNHaS shall have an Advisory Committee who will guide and provide advisory support to the institute in order that it shall pursue it goals and meets its objectives. Owing to the multidisciplinary nature of IGNHS research and its potential to influence development policy and practice, the Advisory Committee shall have members from diverse sections of Bhutanese society such as academia, industry, civil society organizations, and government. The Advisory Committee shall have 9 members with a Chairperson. The Chairperson shall be someone with credible research experience in academia and has knowledge of government policy and good research networks.
Functions of the Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee shall:
- Advise and guide iGNHaS to meet its objectives.
- Support IGNHS programmes and initiatives and provide directions on critical decisions.
- Ensure quality assurance of all IGNHS research activities including empirical studies, research events and publications.
- Provide impetus for it growth and sustainability through innovative ideas and critical networks.
- Review the Annual Report of iGNHaS and provide advice on future directions and sustainability.
- Chair:Appointed by the Research and Innovation Committee
- Three members appointed from the colleges by the Research and Innovation Committee.
- These members shall be senior faculty with research experience and knowledge of policy.
- Four external members appointed by the Research and Innovation Committee, one each from government, industry, civil society organization, and NGO.
- Programme Director
- Research Manager, who shall be the Member Secretary