In view of the numerous enquiries related to the announcement for additional intake into Colleges on 16 July 2021, the University would like to make the following clarifications:
- The additional intake has been announced to provide opportunities for students who have not got admission into any programme in either government or private Colleges under the RUB. This provision has been made in view of the COVID-19 situation which has posed difficulties to students from seeking admissions outside the country. Therefore, students who have already been admitted into programmes in either government or private Colleges will not be eligible to apply for the additional intake slots.
- All additional intake for College of Language and Culture Studies, College of Natural Resources, Gedu College of Business Studies, and Sherubtse College will be on self-financed scheme. Selection will be strictly based on merit.
- The additional intake of 35 students for Paro College of Education which was determined by the Ministry of Education will be on government scholarship. Only those candidates who have registered online during the first round of admissions for Bachelor of Education in Primary Education will be eligible for the additional intake. The College will be using the list of registered candidates to shortlist for the 35 to be admitted. Therefore, no new applications will be entertained. The shortlist will be announced on 21st July 2021 on the College website. Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend an interview after which the final list of selected candidates will be announced.
- Those students who have passed Class XII this year and have not got admission in any programme are requested to apply directly to the respective Colleges for the programme of their choice announced in the additional intake.This will not apply for Paro College of Education.
- Students who have passed Class XII before 2021 and have not registered during the first round of admissions will not be eligible to apply for the additional intake.
- The last date for submission of applications to the Colleges will be 21st July 2021.