The Royal University of Bhutan in collaboration with the French Institute in India affiliated to the French Embassy in Delhi is offering a course on French Language & Culture from 17th August to 5th September 2020 (3 weeks duration + one Saturday for the last day). The classes will be taught by a qualified native French teacher appointed by the French Institute.
Interested candidates may apply for the following:
- Junior classes for age 10 to 15 – 2:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Adult classes– 10:00AM to 12:30PM
- Course duration: 17th August to 5th September 2020. 1/Courses are 3 weeks only (5 days/week=15 classes) + last Saturday for evaluation and certificate delivery:
- Junior classes: 15 classes * 1.5 hours + last Saturday (parents requested) (2.5hours) = total 25 hours
- Adult classes: 15 classes * 2.5 hours + last Saturday (2.5 hours) = total 40 hours
- Objectives of the course:
- To acquire basic grammar and conversation skills in French language
- To learn about francophone cultural and artistic diversity
- To understand French etiquette
- To develop communication and intercultural skills
- Teacher’s profile
- French citizen and native French speaker.
- from Purpan Engineering School in France and Master in Socio-didactics of French as Foreign Language from Jean Monnet University in France.
- Fee: Since it is a promotional course, it is offered at affordable promotional fee of
- 4000/- for the junior category and
- 5500/- for the adult category.
Please MBoB your fees to RUB official account number 100890985.
- To maintain proper social distancing protocols in the classroom, the class will be able to accommodate maximum 15 participants and it will be offered on a first come first basis;
- The application and registration will be done Please click the link below to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AMhmjP_rCto4ARktQKRcS5rrmGnwJ5LIzdHeCop7F24/edit
- Teaching Modalities:
- Video watching, audio and visual supports, specific course pack
- French methods, DVD dictionaries and manuals available for learners on site
- Added value of the course being offered at RUB
- The classes will be offered in a formal setting within the premise of the Office of the Vice Chancellor, RUB located at lower Motithang just above the Ministry of Labour and Human Resource
- Good classroom facilities.
- The certificate will have the stamp and seal of both RUB and the French Institute
- Why learning French language?
- An asset for studying, working and travelling abroad, as well as for communicating with other cultures
- France has a rich and multicultural history of immigration, colonial expansion and overseas territories. French language is the ideal language to enhance intercultural competence.
- Knowledge of French and francophone cultures provide exciting insights in the history of literature, arts and sports.
- Learning a foreign language helps develop cognitive skills and French language facilitates the learning of other romance languages including Spanish and Italian languages.