The Royal University of Bhutan in collaboration with the French Institute in India affiliated to the French Embassy in Delhi is offering an Adult beginners course (level 2) on French Language & Culture from 1st to 31stDecember 2020. A qualified native French teacher appointed by the French Institute will teach the classes.
This course is a beginner course. However, aspiring participants should have attended the first introductory course on French Language and Culture OR have basic knowledge of French : basic verbs (present tense), vocabulary (adjectives, numbers, countries, physical description) as well as understanding of grammar rules in French (gender and sentence construction).
Collaborative work is encouraged and a good capacity of autonomous learning is required.
Interested candidates may apply. Maximum of 10 participants will be accepted:
- Duration: 1 month only
- Mixed mode: online + face to face classes
- RUB elearning platform will be used for grammar and vocabulary lessons, listening and interactive exercises. Participants will have more flexibility to read and practice with diverse online resources through the platform.
- Face to face classes will take place 2 days a week and will focus on oral practice, comprehension and follow up. Timing– 10AM to 12PM MONDAYS and THURSDAYS.
- It is offered at affordable promotional fee of Nu. 3500/-
Note that internet charges for the use of the elearning platform, are at the expense of the participants.
- In case candidates wish to withdraw within first two days after the start of the course Nu. 500/- will be deducted as administrative charges from the fees and the remaining will be refunded.
- Please MBoB your fees to RUB official account number 100890985.
- To maintain proper social distancing protocols in the classroom, the class will be able to accommodate maximum 10 participants and it will be offered on a first come first basis;
- The application and registration will be done online. Please Click Here to apply.
- In the case of a lockdown the course will be continued exclusively online.
- Objectives of the course:
- ask and answer simple questions
- describe and comment a situation
- express simple requests and provide opinion
- Write and answer short mails
- develop intercultural understanding through the lenses of francophone cultures
- Teacher’s profile
- French citizen and native French speaker.
- From Purpan Engineering School in France and Master in Socio-didactics of French as Foreign Language from Jean Monnet University in France.
- Added value of the course being offered at RUB
- The classes will be offered in a formal setting within the premise of the Office of the Vice Chancellor, RUB
- Good classroom facilities.
- The certificate will have the stamp and seal of both RUB and the French Institute
- Venue: RUB is Located at lower Motithang just above the Ministry of Labour and Human Resource.
- Why learn French language?
- An asset for studying, working and travelling abroad, as well as for communicating with other cultures
- France has a rich and multicultural history of immigration, colonial expansion and overseas territories. French language is the ideal language to enhance intercultural competence.
- Knowledge of French and francophone cultures provide exciting insights in the history of literature, arts and sports.
- Learning a foreign language helps develop cognitive skills and French language facilitates the learning of other romance languages including Spanish and Italian languages.
Call 17637864 (administrative)/17638002 (course content) during official hours of 9AM to 5PM.