Name of Award
Field of study
Institute and Country
Year of award
Doctor of Philosophy
Aalborg University, Denmark
Master of Engineering
Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.
Bachelor of Engineering
Electrical and Electronics
PSG College of Technology, India
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderbad, India
2004 – 2006
WORK AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Cheif, Programme, Teaching & Learning Division
Office of the Vice Chancellor, RUB
2016 – present
Dean, Academic Affairs
Dean Research and Industrial Linkages
Officiating Dean of Academic Affairs
Head of Department
Mathematics and Computer Science, Sherubtse College
Course Director for PGCTIS Programme
Sherubtse College or Ministry of Education
Coordinator for BSc. Physical Science Programme
University of New Brunswick, Canada
CCNA Instructor and Local Main Contact
2004 – 2008
Lecturer for BSc. Computer Science Programme
- University Academic Board, Royal University of Bhutan (2014- 2015)
- Research Degree Committee of RUB (2013 – 2015)
- Institute Academic Committee, Sherubtse College (2014–2015 )
- Institute Human Resource Committee, Sherubtse College (2014-20015)
- University Academic Board, Royal University of Bhutan (2008- 2010)
- Institute Academic Committee, Sherubtse College (2006 –2010 )
- Institute Human Resource Committee, Sherubtse College (2008-2009)
- International Journal of Education and Development using ICT, Open Journal System
- International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT)
- The Electronic Journal on Information Systems in Developing Countries
- Initiation of Social Work Education at the Royal University of Bhutan, funded by UNICEF Bhutan country office, 2017
- Online-offline systems to enhance the quality of Higher Education in Least Developed Countries in collaboration with the Lews Castle College, Scotland, 2017
- CHORTENS Creating Helpful Open Research Tools for Engaging New Staff in collaboration with the Lews Castle College, Scotland, 2019
- Tobgay, S., (2013). “Dynamic and reliable Information Accessing and Management in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”, PhD. Thesis, Center for TeleInFrastruktur (CTIF), Aalborg University, 147 p.
- Tobgay, S., (2002). “Symbolic Computation using XSLT”, A Master Thesis, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Tobgay, S., Dorji, K.P., (2000). “Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)”, Senior Undergraduate project. PSG College of Technology, India
CONFERENCE AND JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Tobgay, S (2021). Centre for University learning and teaching and seven good practices. Rennie, F (Ed.). Bhutan: Ways of learning and teaching.
- Smyth, K., Rennie, F., Davies, G. and Tobgay, S (2020). Transnational collaboration in building educational research capacity in a new university: an applied phenomenographic investigation. Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice8 (2) pp 39-49. https://jpaap.napier.ac.uk/index.php/JPAAP/article/view/460/577
- Tobgay, S. (2015). “Sensitivity of Information Mismatch Probability on Dynamic Information Elements in Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE International Conference on Control Communication and Computing (ICCC, 2015), India
- Tobgay, S., Olsen, R.L., Prasad, R. (2014). “Dynamic and reliable Information Accessing and Management in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks”. The Mediterranean Journal of Computers and Networks), SoftMoter Technical Journal.
- Tobgay, S., Olsen, R.L., Prasad, R. (2013). “Information Source Selection and Management Framework in Wireless Sensor Network”, 16th International Symposium on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications (WPMC, 2013).
- Tobgay, S., Olsen, R.L., Prasad, R. (2013). “The Effect of Information Access Strategy on Power Consumption and Reliability in Wireless Sensor Network”, 2nd IEEE International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC’12).
- Tobgay, S., Olsen, R.L., Prasad, R. (2013). “Adaptive Information Access in Multiple Applications Support Wireless Sensor Network”. 8th International Symposium on Communication Systems, Networks & Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP). IEEE Press.
- Tobgay, S., Olsen, R.L., Prasad, R. (2013). “Architecture for running multiple application on a single wireless sensor network: a proposal”, First International Conference on Advances in Computing and Communication. Springer, 2011.
- Tobgay, S., Wangmo, K., (2009). “The Usage of Internet in Teaching and Learning in Royal University of Bhutan: Opportunities and Challenges”, International Journal of Cyber Society and Education, Singapore
- Tobgay, S., (2008). “Network Congestion Avoidance Techniques: A Comparative case Analysis”, Sherub Doenme, Academic Journal of Sherubtse College
- Tobgay, S., Wangmo, K., (2008). “Can ICT (Internet) overcome the natural Geographical Barriers of Bhutan in developing the Nation”, International Journal of Education and Development using ICT, Vol. 4. No. (4).
- Raju,R., Binu, T., Tobgay, S.,Kumar,Th. S., (2008). “Fuzzy Clustering Methods in Data Mining: A comparative Case Analysis”, IEEE Computer Society.
- Balmurugan, R., Tobgay, S., (2008). “Bhutanese vis-à-vis Tamils – A cross cultural comparison” (published during Centenary Celebration)
I, the undersigned, certify that (1) to the best of my knowledge and belief, this CV correctly describes me, my qualifications, and my experience; (2) that I am available for the assignment that I am applying.
I understand that any willful misstatement or misrepresentation herein may lead to my disqualification or removal from the selected team undertaking the assignment.