The Royal University of Bhutan is pleased to announce the following vacancy:
Place of Work
Nature of Employment
Chief Legal Officer/Deputy Chief Legal Officer/Sr. Legal Officer/Legal Officer
Office of the Vice Chancellor, Thimphu
· 10 years of experience in relevant field at professional positions or equivalent for the position of Chief.
· For the positions below Chief level, candidates must have a minimum aggregate of 60% each in Class X (English + best 4 subjects) and Class XII (English + best 3 subjects), and 55% in Bachelors degree (honors)/60% in Bachelors degree (LLB). (Note: criteria will not apply for those with minimum of five years of relevant experience)
· Must produce Bar Council Certificate
Regular/Fixed Term (Based on the preference of the selected candidate.
30 % Fixed term allowance will be provided if fixed term)
A candidate must:
- Be a Bhutanese citizen
- Have attained at least 18 years of age, and not more than 45 years of age
- Meet qualification, experience and other requirements as specified in the position profile of the position.
Eligible candidates are requested to submit application via online portal RUB IMS (applicants are required to register and apply via http://ims.rub.edu.bt) latest by 26 May 2023 before 5.00 PM. Please, follow the step-by-step procedures for online application.
- Academic Transcripts:
- Academic Transcripts: (i) Degree Certificates and Marksheets of Masters Degree (if any) & Bachelors degree (Grade Conversion of the marksheets MUST also be submitted if the marks are awarded in CGPA), (ii) Marksheets of Class XII and Class X
- Valid Security Clearance Certificate (approved online)
- Valid Medical Fitness Certificate (valid for 6 months from the date of issue of certificate)
- Valid Audit Clearance Certificate, if employed
- Valid Citizenship ID Card
- No Objection Certificate (Click here for the No Objection Certificate format, which is attached here and applicant needs to upload it duly signed and sealed on the letter head of the employer indicating that the candidate will be relieved to join RUB as per the date specified by the office) from the employer, if employed.
- Experience Certificate(s)/documentary evidence(s) for current and previous employment records
- Preference will be given to those candidates with relevant qualification and experience for the purpose of shortlisting
- The two references in the application form should both be professional referees from two different organizations, if employed. If there is only one or no past employment record, one or both referees can be from the College/University where the highest qualification was obtained.
- Applications with incomplete documents or incomplete information in their application will be directly rejected during the time of scrutiny.
- Please, note that it is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that all mandatory documents as mentioned above are submitted through online application.
- Candidate must produce a Negative Drug Certificate if selected.
- Terms and conditions as per the Human Resource Rules and Regulations will apply for appointment
For further information, please contact HR Division at 02-336454/02-336523 during office hours.
Human Resource Division