Vacancy Announcement for Academic Positions for January (Spring Semester) 2022
The Royal University of Bhutan is pleased to announce vacancies for the following academic positions for January (Spring Semester) 2022:
|Place of Posting||Area||Position Title||No. of Slots||Qualification Requirement||Position Level||Position Profile|
|Jigme Namgyel Engineering College||Mechanical||Assistant Lecturer/Associate Lecturer/Lecturer||1||ME/ M Tech (with specialization in Thermal Engineering/Industrial Safety Engineering/Material Science) or BE/BTech in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent||Position Level 6 or above||Click Here|
|Sherubtse College||Statistics||Assistant Lecturer/Associate Lecturer/Lecturer||2||MSc in Statistics/BSc in Statistics||Position Level 6 or above||Click Here|
|Samtse College of Education||Geography||Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Professor||1||MEd/MA/MSc/PhD in Geography (preferably in GIS and Remote Sensing)||Position Level 5 or above||Click Here|
|Physics||Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Professor||1||MEd, MSc/PhD in Physics (preferably in Theoretical Physics)||Position Level 5 or above||Click Here|
|Gedu College of Business Studies||Accounting||Assistant Lecturer/Associate Lecturer/ Lecturer||2||PhD/CA/MPA/MCom/BCom (Accounting) any other relevant qualification||Position Level 6 or above||Click Here|
|Law and Taxation||Assistant Lecturer/Associate Lecturer/ Lecturer||1||PhD/LLM/MCom/Master in Law and Taxation/LLB/Bachelor in Law and Taxation||Position Level 6 or above||Click Here|
|HRM||Assistant Lecturer/Associate Lecturer/ Lecturer||1||Bachelor (HRM)/MBA (HRM)/PhD relevant||Position Level 6 or above||Click Here|
- The positions are for immediate recruitment for the upcoming semester so in-service candidates must ensure that the current employer is willing to relieve them from service immediately on selection. In the event a candidate is selected and does not join the College on time, their appointment shall be cancelled.
- For in-service candidates, the basis for assigning higher positions will be the prevailing rules for lateral entry (click here for lateral entry criteria) and experience reflected in the position profiles.
- Upon selection, the roles and responsibilities of academic staff will not be limited to the position profile of individual positions, but will also be guided by Representative Work Activities (RWAs) for each position (click here for RWA)
- Actual intake number will depend on the performance(s) of candidates in the final selection interview
A candidate must:
- Be a Bhutanese citizen
- Have attained at least 18 years of age, and not more than 50 years of age
- Benchmark criteria:
- Candidates with Masters Qualification (and above) must have minimum aggregate of 50% each in Bachelors degree and Masters Degree.
- Candidates with Bachelors degree qualification must have an aggregate of 60% each in Class X (English + best 4 subject) and Class XII (English + best 3 subjects), and 55% in Bachelors degree (honors)/60% in Bachelors degree (general). (Note: criteria will not apply for those with minimum of five years relevant experience at professional positions).
- Meet experience and other requirements specified in the position profile of each position.
Eligible candidates are requested application via online portal RUB IMS (applicants are required to register and then apply via https://ims.rub.edu.bt) latest by 26 November 2021, 5.00 PM.
- Degree Certificate of Bachelors degree and above (if any)
(In the event degree certificate is yet to be awarded, provisional degree certificate must be submitted instead)
- Mark sheets of Bachelors degree and above (if any)
(Grade Conversion of the mark sheet MUST also be submitted if the marks are awarded in CGPA)
- Mark sheets of Class XII and Class X
- Valid Security Clearance Certificate (approved online)
- Valid Medical Fitness Certificate (valid for 6 months from the date of issue of certificate)
- Citizenship ID card
- Audit Clearance Certificate, if employed
- No Objection Certificate (Click here for the No Objection Certificate format, which is attached here and applicant needs to upload it duly signed and sealed on the letter head of the employer indicating that the candidate will be relieved to join RUB on 1 January 2022) if employed.
- Experience Certificate(s)/documentary evidence(s) for current and previous employment records
- The two references in the application form should both be professional referees from two different organizations, if employed. If there is only one or no past employment record, one or both referees can be from the College/University where the highest qualification was obtained.
- Applicants cannot apply for more than three positions.
Applications with incomplete documents or incomplete information in their application will be directly rejected during the time of scrutiny.
Please, note that it is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that all mandatory documents as mentioned above are submitted through online application.
For further information, please contact HR Division at 02-336454/02-336523 during office hours.